Texas Cedarwood Hand Lotion just in time for Father’s Day
You may be well versed in the use of texas cedarwood essential oil as a mosquito repellent and a great additive to natural cleaners. Try it my natural cleaning recipe for Lemon Cedar Dust Spray. Did you know it is also effective in supporting wellness? Texas cedarwood essential oil can help a wealth of ailments such as headaches, dry scalp, seasonal sniffles, and dry skin to name a few. It is extracted through the process of steam distillation from the wood pieces of the Cedar Wood tree. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure policy.
Applied topically in hand lotion texas cedarwood essential oil helps protect against germs and supports healthy skin. Making it a very useful essential oil for farmers and gardeners like my father. It is also effective as a remedy for joint soreness in herbal creams.
Top Uses of Texas Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Smooth skin by adding Cedarwood to skin care products.
- Place a few drops in shampoo and conditioner for shinier-looking hair.
- Warm a few drops between your hands and use in a scalp massage for healthy-looking hair.
- Create aromatherapy blends by combining with essential oils such as Tea Tree, Neroli, or Bergamot.
- Enjoy the outdoors annoyance free with Cedarwood blended with oils such as Citronella, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Clove, or Lemongrass.
Supplies for Texas Cedarwood Hand Lotion
- 6 ounces aloe vera gel
- 1 ½ ounces fractionated coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 10 drops texas cedarwood essential oil
- 8 ounces bottle or two 4 ounce bottles
Make Texas Cedarwood Hand Lotion
In large glass mixing bowl add aloe vera gel and fractionated coconut oil. Next, using an electric mixer beat together until a mixture has the consistency of lotion. Approximately three minutes. Next, add vitamin E oil and texas cedarwood essential oil. Blend into lotion on low speed. Scoop lotion into a large plastic zipper bag and seal. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe into bottle.
Yields 8 ounces
Texas Cedarwood Hand Lotion is a very useful essential oil moisturizer for farmers and… Click To Tweet
Who knew that the oil from a tree could be so beneficial for health and wellness? Bottle up Texas Cedarwood Hand Lotion in one big eight ounce container or separate it into two bottles for great Father’s Day gifts. Then grab a set of printable hand lotion apothecary labels in Life-n-Reflection’s Resource Library!
Share your projects too: Made by You Mon / Project Inspired / Create Link Inspire / Talk of the Town / Wow Me Wed/ A Little Bird Told Me / Favorite Things / Home Matters / Inspirational Gallery / I'm Lovin' It / Creative Collection / BFF / Creative Gallery /