your skin type profile
You Have An Easily Managed Skin Type!
— DRY —
Characteristics of Dry Skin Types: tight pores, prone to redness, dry patches, or flaky skin
Find recommendations below that will help you find solutions for quickly improving dry skin! From the right carrier oil for jade rolling to the best witch hazel for toning, and even where to start when it comes to essential oils.
Recommended For Your Skin Type
Herbs for Your Skin Type:
Carrier Oils for Your Skin Type:
Castile Soap for Your Skin Type:
- Lavender – liquid or soap bar
- Rose – liquid or soap bar
- Unscented – liquid or soap bar
- Almond – liquid or soap bar
Witch Hazel for Your Skin Type:
for your skin type
This is a great place to list items used in your post and also found in your shop. This block uses WooCommerce to pull in hand selected products.
Ready to makeover your skin?
Get Two Books for the Price of One
simple skin book bundle
An Exclusive Book Bundle Just for You!!
“Including Nourishing Nature: Beauty Recipes From The Garden – OVER 50,000 COPIES SOLD!!”
In this best-selling title, author Kristy Doubet Haare shares beauty recipes infused with fresh and dried staples from the garden to nourish the skin without the use of chemicals! Replace any skincare product you are currently using recipes she has personally used and loved.
Along with what to plant in your own beauty garden. And tips on how to use and preserve each harvest. No worries, if you don’t have a green thumb, you’ll find a bonus guide in the resource section to help you find each ingredient!
And a beloved book by many Winter Skincare Survival Guidebook, Printable Skincare Labels, and more…
Don’t miss this special one-time offer
Get your Simple Skin Book Bundle for just $9.99. This is the only time you’ll ever see this bundle available, so grab yours now!
questioning your results??
Our skin is normally oily around our hairline as the sebum glands in our scalp produce oil every day to keep our hair nourished. (If you wash your hair less often than most (and you should), you may notice this more on the 2nd or 3rd day after washing.) Either way, our hairline can be a come place for the occasional blemish or blackhead.
Does this mean you have oily skin or combination skin prone to breakouts? Absolutely not, but if you feel your results are unclear from this quiz, take this skin type test.
Skin Type Test:
- Step 1: Wash your face as usual. Gently pat dry, and do not apply moisturizer or other beauty serums. We want your skin bare!
- Step 2: Wait 30 minutes, then using blotting paper or tissue paper, place a small piece on the center of your forehead, nose, chin, and each cheek.
- Step 3: Note what happens and evaluate as follows:
- Did all or at least three pieces stick for a moment and then fall off? If you answered YES, then you have a normal skin type.
- Did most pieces stick to your face for a while or are they still there? If you answered YES, then you have an oily skin type.
- Did basically nothing stick and is there little to no oil on the tissues after they fell off? If you answered YES, then you have a dry skin type.
- Did the tissues only stick to a few places like your nose, chin, or forehead? If you answered YES, then you have a combination skin type.
Things to Keep in Mind
Skin Types Can Change
You read that right: as we age, change our diet, or relocate from one climate to another, our skin type can change.
Stress Plays A Role
Stress and hormones can really wreak havoc on our skin. Practicing self-care can help.
Weather Factors Into Skin Types
Seasonal weather changes can require a change in your skincare routine. You may want to return to this quiz if you notice a change in your skin.
Our Most Loved Skin Care Tips & Recipes
Treat yourself to an at-home spa experience with these simple homemade face scrub recipes.
Indulge your senses and rejuvenate your skin with this luxurious lavender honey face scrub. Its natural ingredients provide multiple benefits for your skin, with the relaxing aroma of lavender that lingers on your skin. Give it a try and see how it can transform your skincare routine!
Making this coffee lip balm recipe couldn’t be easier! You’ll have eight tubes of delicious lip balm with a just brewed taste in little time.
Chocolate might seem like an odd choice for skincare, but if you’re questioning if chocolate is good for the lips, the answer is – yes! Find out why with this dessert-worthy chocolate lip balm recipe.