Authentic Spiced Chai DIY Candle Wax Melts, Surprisingly Easy to Make
Do you ever feel like you’re just spinning your wheels each day? Rushing from one thing to the next? And never taking a moment for yourself?
If you’re a mother, then you know this can easily happen when we are working to meet the needs of one family member to the next. But, at some point, your wheels can’t spin any faster, and your to-do list just gets longer by the day.
During hectic times in our lives, it becomes even more important to take good care of ourselves. Whether it’s the holidays or a stressful period at work, we need to spend at least a few moments of self-care each day. Too often, during these stressful times
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience; read the full disclosure policy.
How I Build Self Care Into My Day
If you have an hour each evening after putting the kids to bed or an hour in the morning before they wake up – use it for yourself, not the dishes! Read a book, take a walk or just step outdoors.
What activities do you like to enjoy when you find the time or make time? Use these activities to create a 30 Day Self Care To-Do List, and check off one item each day.
For example, I love to sip a cup of hot tea to calm my mind. And spiced chai tea is my favorite to sip. Making my home smell like a cup of spiced chai is just about as good as drinking it. That’s how this recipe for authentic spiced chai wax candle melts came about.
I’ve found aromatherapy is one of the best ways to practice
Can You Use Essential Oils In Candle Wax Melts?
In fact, essential oils are the easiest and most beneficial way to scent homemade wax melts.
Printable Essential Oil Aromatherapy Blends for DIY
Use my easy, printable reference charts of essential oil aromatherapy blends to help you create DIY candle wax melts and carve out a little time for self-care. Grab them and many more printables for candle making in the Simple Living Library.
Spiced Chai Candle Wax Melts Ingredients:
- 1 silicone mold, 24 cavities
- 1 lb soy wax flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon essential oil
- 3 teaspoons clove essential oil
- 2 teaspoons cardamom essential oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger essential oil
How to Make Spiced Chai DIY Candle Wax Melts:
- Fill a large saucepan with about 2 inches of water and place it on the stove to heat. Low to medium heat is best. Don’t not bring the water past a simmer.
- Place 1 pound of soy wax flakes in a candle pouring pitcher and set it inside the large saucepan. Whisk often and heat until melted using this double boiler method.
- Remove from heat immediately to avoid wax becoming too hot. Let the wax cool to 120°F to 125°F before adding essential oils.
thewax has cooled add each essential oil above or a blend from the printable chart below. Then whisk or swirl to combine.
- Carefully pour the scented soy wax into a silicone mold (this is the one I used) without spilling over each cavity.
Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the wax is hard and white before removing the silicone molds. Then allow the candle melts to cure at a minimum of 3 days before enjoying.
This homemade candle recipe yields 24 candle melts.
Personally, I’ve found aromatherapy is one of the best ways to practice