Soothe the mind and skin with a powerfully fragrant natural body wash.
The undertaking of switching your bath and body products to all natural can be daunting and expensive if you try to do it all at once. When I began the process a few years ago, I found it best to replace products as I used them up. So, I finished what I currently had while I planned to create a natural alternative. Although, when I came to this recipe I found myself using the double the amount of my regular body wash from a popular American bath and body store. I loved all the creative fragrance combinations they came up, I worried I could make a natural body wash that would be as fragrant.
In search for a powerful yet soothing combination I tried a few things but each either smelled like a household cleaner or didn’t stay fragrant when applied. Then when browsing the aisles of Target I saw a hand soap fragranced with chamomile. It had a divine scent! I quickly put the lid back on the hand soap and finished my regular shopping to stop at my local family owned vitamin store for chamomile essential oil. Much to my delight they had a half an ounce bottle and the owner said it was the best!
I couldn’t agree more when I combined it with lavender essential oil. Both known for their calming and anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin. It was the powerful fragrance combination I was hoping for. Chamomile adds a fruity apple scent to Lavender’s soft flora fragrance for a relaxing body wash recipe. Try it with my Lavender Lemon Sugar Scrub for added exfoliation. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read the full disclosure policy.
Supplies List to Make Chamomile Lavender Body Wash:
Grab The Printable Recipe:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 cup liquid Castile soap
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops chamomile essential oil
- 8 ounce bottle
- In a liquid measuring cup combine coconut oil, honey, vitamin E oil, and liquid Castile soap. Stir well to combine and pour into body wash 8 ounce bottle. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 drops of chamomile essential oil. Place the lid on the bottle an close. Shake well to combine.
- Store and use Chamomile Lavender Body Wash in an airtight bottle for up to one month.
- To Use: Shake well and apply to a loofah or sponge and lather on skin.
What’s your favorite way to use lavender in your natural bath and body products?
Share your projects too: Create Link Inspire / Made by You Mon / Project Inspired / Wow Me Wed/ A Little Bird Told Me / Inspirational Gallery / I’m Lovin’ It / Party Palooza / Creative Gallery /