Homemade Face Serum for Dry Skin That Works Quickly
You’ll find this homemade face serum for dry skin works quickly when you follow these steps on how to apply face serum.
I was plagued by dry skin for many years when we lived in the northern part of the Midwest. I had continual flare-ups of dry, itchy, flaky skin except for the three short months of warmth. At its worst, my skin would crack and bleed. Everything the dermatologist prescribed didn’t work and often added to my agony.
When I finally took things into my own hands, I discovered many natural remedies for skin. I even wrote a book about it, titled the Winter Skincare Survival Guidebook, because I knew there were others as desperate as I was to repair and prevent dry skin. I’ve also shared many dry skin remedies here, such as oats and chamomile soap bars, dry skin hand cream, and whipped body butter for eczema relief.
And I am excited to share this homemade face serum for dry skin with you too! It works quickly when you follow the steps on how to apply a face serum below.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience; read the full disclosure policy.
Related To: Oatmeal Bath Bombs for Dry Skin
What does face serum do?
Face serum does a lot more than simple hydration. Face serum benefits range from repairing dry skin to improving elasticity and evening the skin tone depending on the ingredients. Here’s what makes up this DIY face serum:
This homemade face serum begins with rosehip seed oil. Thicker than most carrier oils and with a warm red-amber color, it boosts collagen production. Studies show with the help of vitamins A, and C rosehip seed oil not only helps to diminish fine lines but also helps to repair dry skin. And it’s levels of vitamin E work as an anti-inflammatory that calms irritation caused by dry skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
Next, we include jojoba oil which is the closest to our skin’s natural sebum oil. High in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, jojoba oil is anti-bacterial and acts as a protective barrier preventing the skin from losing moisture.
So in Sopranos fashion, “Forget About” those overpriced department store serums and make your own! It not only costs comparably less, but you can also count on knowing exactly what’s inside. – no fillers, no toxins, and no irritants
Related To: Natural Winter Skincare Basics
Can you use face serum daily?
Whether or not you can use face serum daily depends on your skin type. Take our skin type quiz to find yours! Then follow these steps on how to use face serum –
How to Apply Face Serum
1. Cleanse your face and remove eye makeup if you’re wearing any. I make my own eye makeup remover that doesn’t irritate my skin.
3. Then, apply one to two drops of face serum to the palm of your left hand or rub across the fingertips of your right hand. Gently massage into your skin using your fingertips, starting with your cheeks in upward and outward strokes. Then your forehead, and last your chin and neckline as needed.
4. Last, apply sunscreen or nightly moisturizer. I know what you’re thinking, “Do I need both serum and moisturizer?” For dry skin types, yes, you need both.
How to Make a Face Serum for Dry Skin
Your face will soak up this homemade face serum packed full of nutrients known to improve dry skin! And you’ll appreciate that by making face serum at home, you will save money.
Face Serum Ingredients
1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil
2 ½ teaspoons jojoba oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops frankincense essential oil
1 roller or dropper bottle
Instructions to Make Face Serum:
PRINT THIS RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons jojoba oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 1 roller or dropper bottle
- Using a mini funnel designed for essential oil bottles, carefully pour 1 teaspoon of rosehip seed oil and 2 ½ teaspoons of jojoba oil into an essential oil roller bottle.
- Then remove the funnel and add 5 drops of lavender and frankincense essential oils. Place the roller and cap on the bottle and gently shake to combine. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place.
You’ll find this homemade face serum for dry skin works quickly when you follow these tips on how to apply face serum.
I’ve found this face serum recipe soaks into the skin quickly without leaving an oily residue. So, you could apply it both day and night to reduce and prevent dry skin.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Red Wine Soap Recipe
- Spiced Pumpkin Candle DIY
- DIY Oatmeal Bath Ideas
- Vanilla Lavender Bath Bombs Recipe
- Scented Candle Making Mistakes To Avoid
Pin these steps on how to apply face serum and print or share the recipe. Did you make this? Tag #lifenreflection on Instagram to share yours with me.