Honey Face Mask Recipe 2 Ways
How to make a honey face mask at home with two ways to make an incredible honey face mask recipe for glowing skin!
If you’ve been searching for a face mask for glowing skin, you can make at home – stop here! I’ve concocted two ways to make a honey face mask with ingredients you may already have in your kitchen pantry.
If you’re skeptical about slathering sticky honey all over your face—don’t be.
Honey is incredible for the skin! It’s always fascinated me with all those intriguing benefits inside its beautiful gold that starts with tiny bees drinking nectar from flowers. Maybe if we only drank flower nectar, we could create liquid gold too!
But, according to the Honey Association, it’s not as simple as it sounds. It takes honey bees gathering nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey.
And now, I’ve added this honey face mask recipe that you can customize according to what you have on hand.
For your convenience, this article contains some affiliate links to easily find the supplies needed; read the full disclosure policy for more information.
Is honey good for a face mask?
If you’ve wondered if honey makes a good face mask or does honey make skin glow, let me answer with a resounding yes. What does honey do to your face?
Honey is a delicious sweetener and a spectacular treat for the skin, containing antioxidants to counteract free radicals, alpha hydroxy acids to gently exfoliate, antimicrobial properties, and anti-inflammatory benefits. It also has the ability to absorb water molecules from the air to retain moisture because it’s a natural humectant.
And honey contains a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including niacin, zinc, and vitamin B6, that help to balance the skin’s pH levels.
In short, incorporating this sticky sweetener into a honey face mask benefits your skin in a variety of ways. But why just slather it on your face when you can quickly combine it with other impactful skincare ingredients?
What can I mix with honey for a face mask?
Incorporating natural clay, like Kaolin clay, will help exfoliate the skin and draw out impurities. I’ve found that this honey face mask recipe puts the brakes on a breakout, if you know what I mean. You can find other clay options in my natural skincare supplies resource.
Altogether it’s a simple yet highly effective face mask you can make at home.
Do you have normal, dry, mature, oily, or combination skin? Take our Skin Type Quiz now to discover yours!
Related To: Cinnamon Sugar And Honey Body Scrub DIY
How To Apply A Face Mask:
Treat yourself to the abundant honey face mask benefits by following these five steps for how to apply a face mask.
2. Next, use a beauty spatula or clean fingertips to apply the homemade honey face mask in a thin layer to the skin, avoiding the eye area. You can also apply it to your upper neck area, decolletage, and over your eyebrows, if you want.
3. How long do I leave honey on my face? Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes. During that time, rehydrate the mask by spritzing your face with a homemade hydrosol or face mist. Even better, steam your face mask with a face steam at home. To reap the most benefits, keep it working longer by not letting it completely dry.
4. Remove the face mask before it dries by splashing your face in warm water to soften the clay. Then gently rinse with a soft bamboo washcloth and pat dry. Avoid scrubbing the mask off: for stubborn areas, use a gentle face toner or witch hazel to remove.
5. To finish, apply a moisturizer such as a glow serum or face cream. I like to use this homemade face cream made with aloe vera after a face mask.
Can I use honey on my face daily? You can use honey in your skin care regimen daily, but as for a face mask, once or twice a week is plenty.
Related To: DIY Collagen Face Mask
How do you make a honey face mask for glowing skin?
I offer you two ways to customize this honey face mask recipe. Either way, you’ll have noticeably glowing skin afterward, too. And your skin will feel calm and fresh with the addition of lavender.
Honey Face Mask Ingredients:
1 teaspoon Kaolin clay
½ teaspoon raw honey or 1 teaspoon unfiltered honey
½ teaspoon lavender witch hazel
Honey Face Mask Recipe 1:
Then add ½ teaspoon of raw honey to the mixture. Blend the ingredients together until it looks like pancakes ready to fry.
Follow the steps above to apply a face mask for the best results.
Honey Face Mask Recipe 2:
Then add 1 teaspoon of unfiltered honey to the mixture. Blend the ingredients and follow the steps above to apply a face mask.
I know your complexion will thank you, too, when you apply all the honey face mask benefits to your skin. I certainly feel a dramatic difference after use.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Easy DIY Glass Ornaments
- Oatmeal Bath Bomb Recipe
- Christmas Handmade Candles
- Natural Hair Conditioner Guaranteed to Make Your Hair Soft
- Easy Votive Beeswax Sheet Candles
Save this honey face mask recipe to your DIY face mask Pinterest board, and while you’re there, be sure to follow Life-n-Reflection for more inspiring ideas.
Did you know you can Tag #lifenreflection on Instagram to share your beauty DIYs with me?